Monday, October 17, 2016

Home Improvement Projects



Feeling under the weather today but still wanted to try to be productive. Might not be good that it takes giardia to get me to write a blog post but at least I'm doing it!

I've done a handful of projects since getting back to Uganda and I tried to do a better job taking pictures. Now, since I have the photographic evidence I feel like I need to do something with it.

Before we left, some friends brought in a bunch of larger plumbing tools and I needed a place to store and a way carry them, so I built a tool box. I was pleased with the rabbited edge considering I did it with a circular saw.


We built a "shelf" over the tub we don't use and the kids helped with the painting.


Also, in an effort to try to keep the house a bit neater, I built a book self and a shoe rack.




For another project I've got going out in Lawmbogo I need to build a couple screen doors and I was getting tired of making long, narrow rips with my cordless circular saw so I built a simple table saw. I was able to pick up a decent saw from a missionary "garage sale" and throw this together. Really should have done this sooner!


Lastly, I'm working up a rotating compost bin to make some really good growing soil!


And this is where all the magic happens. My make-shift work shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment